|Qualifications||BDS (Dhaka); PhD (Japan)|
|Expertise||Neuroscience, Molecular biology|
|Area of Expertise / Specialization||Molecular Neuroscience|
1. Molecular mechanism of temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMD)
2. Effect of Caries in the process of systemic and neural Diseases
3. Molecular mechanism of Postoperative Pain
4. Molecular Mechanism of Morphine drug abuse
5. Neuromodulatory effect of Malaysian Herb
6. Effect of Chr. Periodontitis on systemic and neural disease
(Interested local or international MSc or PhD students can apply for study in one of the above research area)
THESIS : PhD:
Regulation of Gene Expression of fetuin (a protein present in dentine) in the developing rat tissues & its serum concentration in relation to age changes. (J Biochem (Tokyo) 124:1 179-86,1998).
1. Jamil Ahsan Kazi, Eugene H.C. Liu, Tat L. Lee, Shinro Tachibana. (2007) Nocistatin attenuated the nociceptin induced c-Fos expression in the mice hippocampus. Neuropeptides. 41 (2007) 227-231.
2. Jamil Ahsan Kazi, and Chen Fun Gee. (2007) Gabapentin completely attenuated the acute morphine induced c-Fos expression in the rat striatum. Journal of Molecular Neuroscience, 32(1)2007, 47-52.
3. Jamil Ahsan Kazi, and Chen Fun Gee. (2007) Effect of Gabapentin on c-Fos expression in the CNS after paw surgery in rats. Journal of Molecular Neuroscience, 32(3)2007, 228-234.
4. Jamil Ahsan Kazi, Eugene H.C. Liu, Tat L. Lee, Shinro Tachibana. Localization of nocistatin binding sites in mice brain and spinal cord using a biotinylated nocistatin probe. Neuroreport. 2007 28;18(8):767-70.
5. Jamil Ahsan Kazi, Shiro Mori, Satoshi Kuchiiwa, Shiro Nakagawa, Prolonged expression of c-Fos protein in the lateral habenular nucleus of the Japanese monkey (Macaca fuscata) after eye enucleation, (2004) NeuroSignals. 13: 130-133.
6. Jamil Ahsan Kazi, Shiro Mori, Hong-Zhi Gao, Fumiyuki Uehara, Shiro Nakagawa, Effect of eye enucleation on the expression of c-Fos in the supraoptic nucleaus of the Japanese monkeys (Macaca fuscata). (2002) Brain Research. 952: 331-334.
7. Jamil Ahsan Kazi, Osamu Nakamura ,Tomokazu Ohnishi, Naokatu Arakaki,Takehiro Kazihara, Shiro Nakagawa, Yasushi Daikuhara, Changes with age of the rat fetuin concentration in serum and its mRNA expression. J Biochem (Tokyo) 124:1 179-86 (1998).
8. Naokatu Arakaki, Jamil Ahsan Kazi, Takehiro Kazihara, Tomokazu Ohnishi, Yasushi Daikuhara, Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor activates the apoptosis signaling pathway by increasing caspase-3 activity in sarcoma 180 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 245: 211-215 (1998).
9. Naokatu Arakaki, Takehiro Kazihara, Rieko Arakaki,Tomokazu Ohnishi, Jamil Ahsan Kazi, Hideki Nakashima, Yasushi Daikuhara, Involvement of oxidative stress in tumor cytotoxicactivity of hepatocyte growthfactor/scatter factor, J Biol Chem 274:19 13541-13546 (1999).
10. Osamu Nakamura, Jamil Ahsan Kazi,Tomokazu Ohnishi, Naokatu Arakaki, Qing Shao,Takehiro Kazihara, Yasushi Daikuhara, Effect of rat fetuin on stimulation of bone resorption in the presence of parathyroid hormone, Biosci Biotechnol Biochem., 63(8):1383-1391 (1999).
|Conferences||1. 2009: Jamil Ahsan Kazi and Mohamed I, Abu-Hassan Gabapentin completely attenuated the acute morphine induced c-Fos expression in the rat nucleus accumbens. Neuroscience Res. Vol. 65, suppl. 1 (2009). The 32nd annual meeting of the Japan neuroscience society, Nagoya, Japan, Sept. 16-18.|
|Summary of Biodata||Assoc Prof. Dr. Kazi Ahsan Jamil is currently a lecturer in the Faculty of Dentistry, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Department of Oral Biology since October 2008. He is the Co-coordinator post-graduate students. And coordinator RMI-Faculty of Dentistry.|